Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Busy Busy!!


Little Sewing Lady Brooches, more robots etc.


For a story as to why I make dolls for children go HERE
I saw Auntie this week, and she loves the little doll and book packages! We looked into her boxes of fabrics, and she wants to make some for the children. I will sew the bodies, and she will stuff them and put on the button eyes.Auntie finished a knitted doll last week, and I always make a big fuss of her efforts, as I know it can be tricky for her with her memory lapses.I might also make up some Robots for her to sew button eyes onto. 
I made lots of heads the other night, so I sewed them onto the little dolls. 
Add caption
Add caption

I often work on more than one thing at once, and roam across different styles, types of projects etc.


Cute little sewing lady brooch finished.




Little Cellophane Gift bags 




I found some little knitted Christmas characters in one of the Gifts Boxes I sorted out.



This is what the little bags look like. I have 69 at this stage!


Autumn Clearing!!
This week I have "ATTACKED" lots of boxes from our garage. Over the years I have stored several boxes of Mum's dolls, loads of Christmas decorations for her room, gifts suitable for her Carers for birthdays and Christmases...you can imagine I have had a LOT of boxes in there.And that's not counting my fabrics, scrapbook gear, yarns, ribbons.....I find it horrible getting rid of Mum's dolls etc as she loved making them BUT..now that we have had her funeral, I don't need to keep the dolls. I displayed lots at her funeral, and people loved them.The displays looked lovely.I do Displays quite well, as I have had many,many years' practise. I have kept one or two, and a few for Auntie, but the rest have gone. I have taken photos of the ones that have gone, so I can make them into scrapbook pages.I am making a page a week, and doing pages of my dolls too. That way I don't have to store them.


I have now got a nice neat painting,cutting, scrapping area there, and am slowly whittling down my fabric stash as well as braids stash. Making the dolls is a great way to use up my stash. 
My Sweet Neighbour.!
My dear,dear neighbour had a day off from work today, and came down for a chat. I do love to see her, as she's a person who is just so easy to talk to.We just seem to be on the same wavelength and she's one of those people I could talk with for a good 4 hours without even beginning to run out of things to say.I try not to bombard her , and let her talk as well!! I often catch myself doing too much talking as I don't see that many people who think like me, and it can be lonely!I make sure my dear friend gets her fair  share of "air time"!!  We read the same books, think the same politically, have similar life values!! And she's a good" laugher"! I think laughter is so essential for healthy living. She also has the same quirky sense of humour!

Tomorrow I am getting into a big box of "Carers and Mum's friends Gift Box.I think some might b suitable to put in the little cellophane gift bags I am making for the children.
Hope you're having a good week!

19 comments:

  1. sounds like you've had a great time putting the world to rights - and your garage too! Hope you'll share some of your scrapbook memories of your Mum's dolls. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I sure will Helen.Now that my work table in the garage is looking spick and span. I have 69 little cellophane gift bags done so far.I think I'll keep these for Christmas to give to Back packs for kids. They have a big drive for kids in need. Some of the Mr.Men books are Christmas ones, so that seems to indicate that they'd be suitable then.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the dolls you create to go with those books; they make everything that bit more special. Good luck with the continued sort out. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. It is positively cathartic!

      Delete
  3. Hello I do love all your makes. I too have a friend who I can talk and talk to. Have to remember to let her get a word in now and then :-) I wished she lived nearer though. I enjoyed reading your story as to 'why the dolls'. I do hope you will share your scrap book of your mum's dolls. Anne x #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely time spent with your neighbour. Can't get over how many projects you have been able to complete.
    sandra de @3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely blog, Judy - I think you've done the right thing getting rid of the dolls, you don't need them to remind you of her, there are the memories. I think you're doing a wonderful thing keeping your auntie going with crafty things to do, I know it would help me in that situation. And how lovely you have a kindred spirit next door, as you said in an email, I don't think we'd have time to catch our breath either!! ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy! I believe that too many people hold onto objects without remembering that the memory is within you, not what you can hold in your hands (or stash in a garage! lol). It's always nice to keep one or two things - but never too much or it can become a burden. Well done you!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #22
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-415.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great WOYWW TFS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic dolls - I love them all! And those little book packages are so sweet! Great idea about scrapbooking the dolls rather than keeping them, that way the joy will spread as other people love her dolls as well! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dolls are so cute and fascinating! I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I agree about photographing the dolls and then letting them go to good homes; we can't keep everything. Have a good week!

    Suzanne #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going through stuff is hard. That is such a good idea to select the dolls you want and feel something special for and then to give others the opportunity to own them
    hugs Monica #30

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially like your sewing lady pin. That's so cheerful and colorful, really playful too.
    Happy WOYWW
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your comment about your neighbour, that's great. I had a new friend round for a crafty play date for their birthday today and she was here 11am-6pm, that was a lot of talking! Thanks for the visit. BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to have a friend like yours? WOW!! That is a LOT of talking!
      !Because I was a teacher for so long, I overcame my innate shyness, and I often talk to complete strangers while ling up[ etc. I have had some incredible conversations over the years!Gosh we need to talk( communicate) with other humans don't we?I wonder how IU would manage living on my own.

      Delete
  13. Hi Judy, I love the way you use your fabrics. I do think it's a good idea to clear some stuff out occasionally, though I'm sure you will want to keep some of it. I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the stuff I keep and intend getting rid of more of it as I know I will never use it all. Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, you have been a teacher too, so you know EXACTLY how hard it is for me to de-clutter.Our resources aren't just a hoarder's obsession, are they? I am sure you felt like me, resources means security ie you have the right resource for all purposes!You feel you need to cover every eventuality! Our old stuff does mean memories, but photos are better in terms of storage! I have to be feeling particularly Gung Ho to do it!
      Judy xx

      Delete
  14. goodness you have been so busy .you are very skilled and have amazing talent they will make wonderful gifts and there will be lots of happy children.its heartwarming to hear that you have such a good neighbour and that you enjoy each others company. Good luck with THe continued big tidy up and hope the scrapbooking continues to go well belated woyww wishes and crafty hugs andrea #42

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely idea of taling pictures of your mom's dolls and turning them into scrapbookpages. I adore your robots. have a nice weekend, vicky #5

    ReplyDelete

Barb Owen Mine your Muse

Moll Fitz