Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Fabric Letters and dolls

WOW # 406





I'm making these fabric letters to make a banner with the words "Fabric Fun" on them.I am continuing to make fabric letter brooches
and cards to match for friends' birthdays etc. The notes on the white paper under my cutting mat are interesting things I hear on the radio which I usually follow up later.


This doll just needs more hair needle felted around the face and a ring to hang her sewn to the back.

 My Local Thrift Shop...


had this cute little knitted Santa.Auntie was thrilled with the knitted Nativity I found at my local Save the Children thrift shop last Christmas.(This shop gets so many donations, that they still have Christmas things for sale, and being donated regularly). 
She still has it on her cupboard, and gets a lot of pleasure looking at it.













A visit to our local Library


I found this gorgeous book.There are some doll characters with their own little book they are holding.I adore whimsy, so I know I'll be making some of these! There are so many other binding/book ideas in this very creative book.I think I'll be buying this one.I won't want to return it to the library.You can have extensions, but it's one of those "Holiday Reading" books!



12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great little craft book you have picked up. I imagine you will make some amazing dolls.
    sandra de @10

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB projects, you have a real talent

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great find in the library. I'm not surprised you want to buy a copy. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your latest fabric creations, Judy, and what a delicious looking book you found! I'm sure you'll get loads of inspiration from that. Thank you for your visit - work progresses rapidly today in the kitchen and we are so pleased the problem isn't nearly as bad as we'd feared. All be over soon!

    I'll try and post a WOYWW post later but it won't be my workdesk because nothing has happened up there for several weeks!!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy more adorable dollies and the book looks just your sort of thing. Have a great crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great find in the library - I hope you'll be able to find a copy to buy.
    Bernice #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those little characters in the book have your name written all over them! I can see you creating some of your own but adding that touch of Judy sparkle which you seem to put into all your creations. The fabric letters are fun, I like the idea of you matching them up to items you make for your friends. Greta idea :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that doll is just super cute. Love all the jars in your sewing room and you're so right about that book, looks very interesting. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your quirky characters and I think you and I have the same eye for colour. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog.
    There are several members of my quilt group who want to make art dolls and we plan to get together now and then very soon so I am going to keep an eye on your blog to inspire them. I hope you don't mind.
    Best wishes
    Jo, in Liverpool, England

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... these are amazing! Such vibrant colours - I love them :)
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I keep notes like that too! All over the place. I find your dolls very interesting! Thanks for sharing. #38

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love finding 'keeper' books at the library. If I wind up purchasing a book I've seen at the library, I try to buy a book to donate to the library in hopes of inspiring someone else. I'll come back soon to check out your videos. Creative Blessings! Kelly #29

    ReplyDelete

Barb Owen Mine your Muse

Moll Fitz